Well, this dish is midway between a salad and a koora/curry. I like it for its simplicity and the fact that it is so very easy to make. For me easy-to-make is a must on weekdays, as I often have to cook and run to work! I have this carrot curry tastes with rotis or just by itself as a salad.
- Carrots – 250 Gms
- Tomato – 1 Large
- Green Chillies – 2 or 3
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Udad Dal – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – A Few
- Salt to Taste
- Grate the carrots.
- Chop the tomato into fine pieces.
- In a wok/kadai, heat the oil.
- Add mustard seeds and wait till they splutter.
- Add the udad dal and fry till golden brown.
- Add the slit green chillies, curry leaves and tomato.
- Over medium heat, fry till the tomato pieces are soft.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add grated carrot.
- Over medium heat, cook for about 5-7 minutes while mixing regularly.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Serve warm with rotis or by itself!
- Gajar ka Halwa (Carrot Halwa) (aahaaram.wordpress.com)
- 50 Fabulous Carrot Recipes (wisebread.com)
- Snow day comfort: Madras Carrot Soup with Turmeric (ateaspoonofturmeric.com)
- C is for Carrots (busyvegetarianmom.com)